I received a comment about how to assemble this and figured I would add photos to clear it up. I have the model if anyone is interested, assembled. Just can't upload a .step file (Should be in the comments now)
Keep in mind, the Creality Heatsink may need a shim (Flat Washer) if you experience misalignment. Mine is a tiny bit off center, but I can feed filament right through, no problem.
FYI, I have shoved 4 spools of filament through this configuration. Works like a charm. The magic e-step number for me was 107. I fiddled and futzed and then googled what Bulldog makers recommend, worked fine. No under/over extrusion and if there are some wanky spots, it's well within the feed rate override (I haven't touched it and printed most of the awesome MPCNC files and my upcoming Mostly Printed Quad Copter with no under extrusion)
There was a cascade of issues, failed hot end fan, failed x driver board, and a few other glitches that had to be worked through.
Revision is installed. I also would recommend adding connectors to all wires going through this mod. It will make it vastly easier to swap out blown components. Trust me,
Regardless, I have all new TMC2130 V3.0 SPI boards, all new fans, new hot end and rewired basically everything,
I also would not recommend putting the control board under the Lack Table enclosure. Makes it a night mare to work on. I am designing a solution for this now and will post as it is made.
Here is a video of it in operation:
I am going to design a less bulky part cooling duct and a mod to use low noise fans, the machine is whisper quiet with the TMC2130's and it's a shame I have these 747 sounding fans on it. Also looking at ways to get the BLTouch closer to the nozzle. More to follow.
I made a small revision to the Bracket. It is small, but has to be done to remove any flex in the unit while extruding or retracting. I have over 100 hours on this set up and it is working really well. If you have downloaded the files previously, please discard the old bracket and use the one marked Rev A.
Finally printing something. Bed leveling was a trick t figure out and the Z-Offset melted my brain.
I do see some revisions in the near future and will post them as i make them and discover more.
FYI, Bulldog extruder clone is $11, maybe $1 in hardware, $6 all metal tube, and a couple dollars in filament is all that was spent. The rest I had or re-purposed. And it moves filament well.
I also calibrated my E-steps. On point.
Extruder works. I will post calibration data in the coming weeks. Videos show the extruder in action and the machine back in moving condition.
Hot end fan failed on the first attempt and I had to get that cleaned out. FYI, a 400°F oven for 20 minutes makes this job easy.
This is only a 3 part mod that utilizes JohnnyWhiskey's Cable chain. I designed this to use a Bulldog extruder, direct drive. You will need to have various 3mm and 6mm hardware. Also needed is a all metal 6mm hot end tube. This model has a clone hot end, I have a Micro Swiss that I will swap if there is an issue.
You will have to notch your gantry carrier plate, ~3mm deep, x 25mm across, seen in photos.
Stops are removed because I am utilizing 2130's.
Finishing up the wiring for everything, but so far so good. it is compact and tight, IMO. Wiring is all contained and no more spaghetti mess that the Ender comes with stock. Brain and electronics are all under the Lower Lack Table.
FYI, I swapped the 24v bed for a 120v, 500W heater powered by and SSR. Basically, just because and I wanted to pull as many watts off the Gen L as I could.
I designed this in FreeCAD, so there isn't an assembly and if someone wants to mod it, I can post the files.
The table connector can be found here: