This mount fits over top a 10mm tall heat sink on the bottom of a NEMA17 motor and allows you to attach a 40x40x10mm fan.
• Thermal grease
• 10mm tall heat sink (I got mine from https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNK2866)
• (2) M3x__mm socket cap screws (should be 5mm longer than the screws in the back of your motor)
• (4) M3x12mm socket cap screws
• (4) M3 nuts
• The normal version is for standard NEMA17 motors.
• The pancake version is for the shorter NEMA17 motors which have corners that are 2mm taller.
• Replace two screws on the bottom of the motor with the +5mm longer ones to mount the heat sink. Apply thermal grease after doing a test fit.
• Make sure your heat sink is mounted so that the fins are parallel to the motor's harness plug. You should be able to see the individual heat sink fins through the mount's exhaust openings (see picture).
• The fan attaches with (4) M3x12mm socket cap screws and the mount is pressed into place over the bottom of the motor and held in place by tension.
• You can connect the motor fan in parallel with the hotend cooling fan at the control board. This way, when you start a print and the hotend fan turns on, the motor fan will on as well.
If you want, you can buy me a coffee at https://ko-fi.com/vampyrex13.