This is a dust collector and tool mount for Makita RT0700 (Katsu 101758). It has a hose mount for a Eureka R300 vacuum. Other hose adaptors could be fitted.
My goal was to make a tool mount and dust collection system that would save space.
I have tried other dust shoe mounts and had various issues with them. Mostly I have a small MPCNC build (520mm x 520mm), and the other options I tried would cost me 1-2cm in X and Y.
The assembly and mounting work best if done in a specific order.
The Right and Left ducts need to be glued to the top manifold. They have some features to help with alignment so they are not hard to align.
The bottom manifold should be mounted to the MPCNC first. Then the top manifold. Next, the button should be placed in its hole. Now you can put the router in, make sure to align the printed button with the routers button. Finally, you can screw the hose adaptor to the top.
I have updated the bottom Bracket. The bracket now includes diversion for the air the router blows. Adding these air channels made it so I needed to print using support. I have left both V1 and V1.2 so you can choose what you want.
I also noticed that the nuts and bolts that hold the hose adapter to the upper manifold would interfere with the Z axis bearings if your Z has more than about 30mm of travel. I plan on re-designing the interface between those parts to remove this limitation in the future.
I used https://grabcad.com/library/rt0700c-tupia-710w-makita-1 to help with modeling this.
and Allted for the MPCNC design https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1671517
any PLA works fine
Most areas are designed with a width of .8 or 1.6 mm, with the goal of printing solid with four perimeters.
Most areas print without support. The only places I used support were:
1) In the cutout on the strap that goes around the router (the slot that allows you to get a screwdriver in), it has a horizontal overhang; I chose not to chamfer that location because I felt like it might make the part too weak if I thinned that section.
2) On the overhang of the hose attachment piece. I could not change the angle of that face because there was not enough room.