This is an alternative enclosure for the LOETAD Webcam 1080p that i got to monitor my 3D printer.
The original enclosure is quite versatile but it is pretty big and chunky. I wanted something smaller that would fit nicely into my Ikea Lack enclosure.
The design took me a little bit longer than expected but im quite happy with the final result.
The whole print is composed of 4 pieces. The actual enclosure consists of a front cover and a backplate with a ball joint on the back. The Ball of the Balljoint has a 2.9mm hole in it and is held in place by a little screw.
The backplate has some standoffs for the PCB as well as ventilation holes for the video processor. Last but not least, we have a socket for the ball which can be screwed to one of the tables legs.
To change the camera cases follow these steps:
To disassemble the original enclosure
- Unscrew the 4 screws
- take the two plastic pieces apart
- take a picture of the boards connections
- cut the cable and pull the PCB out
To assemble the new Enclosure:
- stick the cable through the hole on the bottom of the front piece
- solder the wires to the front side of the camera PCB
- screw the ball onto the backplate
- push the camera PCB into the backplate
- snap the front piece onto the backplate while pulling a little bit of the cable back out.
- screw the joint to one of the legs of your Ikea Lack table
7- Snap the ball into the socket
GEEETECH, Janbex PLA