First of all, I want to apologise for my English after 15 years I'm still learning :)
One day like many of us I bought a 3d printer, my choice was Creality Ender-3X (with glass bed). Thirst things that I printed was some mods for my printer, the rest mods like Swiss Hot End, Better PTFE tube that handle temperatures above 160+ C and, of course TL-SMOOTHERS ... I bought on Allie..
Creality Ender-3 is great 3D printer but like always is some but... when the time comes I installed TL-Smoothers with some mount that I download from ThingVerse and start printing new projects that I make.
I noticed that the Fan Cooler that is mounted for cooling motherboard is not starting if the Fan for cooling prints is not started.
When you start printing for example PET with no cooling, at the beginning the motherboard is not cooled and everything is getting hotter. The TL-Smoothers without any cooling are so hot that you can burn yourself, to makes matters worse the fan does not draw a hot air but puts air into mainboard from bottom of hot bed that is above.
The solution for better cooling of mainboard and rest of electronics:
- Add fan that will always starts when the printer starts,
- Add second fan that will start like original fan when the print cooling is above 40%,
- Draw Hot Air from mainboard case that's accumulates when the printer is working,
- Suck cool air from the bottom of the printer for better cooling,
- Make slim Fan duct.
What you need for this mod:
- One original Fan - 24v 40 x 40 x 10 mm
- One additional Fan - 24v 40 x 40 x 10 mm (I choose Sunon with vapo berrings due to efficacy),
- Screws 8x M3x 6mm (TWO HORN FAN DUCT MOUNT),
- Screws 3x M3x 15 mm (MAINBOARD LID MOUNT),
- One shim for M3 screw that is bigger than 5 mm,
- Screws 4x M3x 10 mm (FAN MOUNT).
- Printer parts from this mod :)
How to start:
- Power off the printer !!!
- Have a time for this mods do not rush and always first think than do.
- Print all parts, for me the best filament for this was PET from Innofil,
- Unscrew original lid with Fan,
- Unscrew original Fan, don't cut any wires and plugs !!!
- Turn Screws to Lid of the "Two Horn Fan Cover", check alignment and check if the two parts are close to each other without any gap,
- Screws original Ender-3 fan to one of the "Two Horn Fan Cover" place and next one to second place,
- Connect fan that you bought 4th photo to 24v connector - where the Main Head Fan is connected that ensure that the fan will start when the printer is started,
- Connect second original Ender-3 fan to connector,
- Close all nad screw the lid, the screw on the back of the the lid needs a shim.
- Have fun, and check if the fans are working - you can check it by closing send to the fan outlet, second fan will start if the print fan is grater than 40%.
If you like it click on the heart :)