Keyboard octave set is a full size functioning weighted key set for building music keyboards. Several octave sets can be printed and fastened to a longboard base In order to make full and or partial piano surfaces, both print and edit versions of the parts are provided.
Keyboard Octave set is part of a virtual building initiative that provides transformation and integration to real things. Components can be found here -
Note: keyboard has been updated to ver 3 found here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3760403
Print the base and keys sets separately.
Fill recommended between 12 to 30%
Parts are built to close precision. Some post print smoothing will be required for key guides and posts
- In Order to accommodate various, keyset can be printed between 80% and 110% sizing.
- Experiment with one key before printing entire set
- 4-6mm steel rod is required for final key pivot assembly
Optional methods for key return
- Place steel bolts in keys rear cavity to add back weight.
- Add weighted pauls in paul slots
- install soft springs under key forward pivot
Optional epoxy coat:
- Epoxy coat top of white keys for per smooth play surface