When suddenly you have hundreds of minis for Warhammer Quest....
You print more things!
In this case bins to hold each type of creature. These are bins that were made using OpenSCAD so that all of the dimensions and box text can be changed.
The key features of the SCAD file are:
- Height, width, and length of box can be changed
- Box wall width can be changed
- Features a panel on the front of the box that can hold up to two lines of text
- Text can be placed on the vertical rear wall as well
- Each corner of the box can be made a different radius.
- Text and box can be created separately (but with the same orgins) so the text can be printed in a different colour on two-colour printers
I designed the monster boxes to fit into the Sterilite Stack & Carry 3 Layer Clear Handle Box & Tray, easily found in Walmart or on Amazon:
Note that the stl files I provided are a little two high to be perfect; the corners tend to catch on little ledges in the sterilite container top and bottom and so you have to jiggle things around to close the latches. Better to redesign so they are a few mm shorter to avoid the problem.
The main jumping off page for my Warhammer Quest project is here: