Work In Progress
This is a test RC airplane that i have been working on for a bit. I designed it around the Flight Test brand power pack B. For the wings i used a 120 cm wingspan sky rider i got from Hobby Lobby for $12. It hasn't flown yet, that is why it is still one piece. I will be updating this with build directions and tips as the project progresses.
My goals for this project
- Print as much of this as I can.
- Use a Flight Test power pack B, because that's what I had
- Have a pusher motor, I was tired of breaking propellers on landing
- Have the aircraft capable of withstanding hard landing.
Notes on modifications
- The nose wheel area is too tight. I has to use a Söderling iron to free up space to fit the nose wheel in.
- For hardware I used 2mm bolts for the rudder and elevators. 3 mm for the nose wheel and 4mm for the rear wheels.
Nose wheel is 2in diameter
Rear wheels are 3in diameter.
I used gorillia hot glue as an as an adhesive .
- The skin on the horizontal and vertical stabilizer is packing tape. I then used a soderling iron to weld the edges to keep them clean.
.3 mm nozzle with .1 mm layers