I wanted a Mario warp pipe that I could plant a succulent in for my desk at work. My initial design was just a basic cup. But after printing it and actually putting a plant in it, I started to think about drainage. So after 3 iterations, this is the design I finally landed on. My second design had an internal reservior for catching excess water, with an overflow drain. But then I started thinking about the potential for mold or whatever, growing over time, with no way to clean it. So my third iteration, is what you see here, alllowing you to empty and clean the catch cup.
I tried to design the main pipe such that it would not need supports. If you flip the pipe upside-down in Cura, you can print it without supports. That catch-cup you can print right-side-up without supports. However, my print of the cup at 0.1 layer height had a slight amount of sagging. If someone comes up with a better way to do the bottom of the cup so that it can be printed without supports, let me know.
Update: The threads should be fixed now. I posted a new catch-cup with corrected threads.
Also, if you want a plant that looks like a Mario Piranha Plant, look into these:
Print the pipe upside-down without supports.
Print the catch-cup right-side up without supports.
Don't over tighten the cup. You want air to be able to escape so that water can trickle down in it.