! Read Print Settings - Notes !
Check the part list!
I wanted to get more from the slim case by ziggybozbo.
All parts should be compatible with the original design, so you can choose just some parts from my edit.
Update - 19.04.2019
- Added files for MKS TFT35 display - for that parts, make files with mks TFT35 name
- Changed position of fan for better cooling of power supply (moved near the rear panel) - "top.stl"
My extra requirements were:
- Enclosure needs to hold MKS board, power supply, discount display or MKS TFT 3.5, a mosfet board
- Cables to printer should be eazy to disconnect -> add JST connectors
- Better power supply cooling than the original design
- Add rj45 connector and fused power socket with power switch
- Use 2017 power supply - it has different mounting holes dimensions
- Stronger mount for mosfet -> longer screw holes
- Stronger mount for fan -> added nuts
- Hold Orange Pi One with step-down xl4015 (or Raspberry Pi 3B+)
- Hold three TL Smoothers
Download Fusion 360 files and 3D view assembly: Here
Some parts have more variants, so choose which one do you prefer!
- 3x cable_holder - new, for manage power cable from power socket to power supply
- fan_cover - new
- front_bottom - edited logo and longer screw holes for mosfet
- logo_part_1 - for printing in different color
- logo_part_2 - for printing in different color
- MKS_base_holder - new, holder for MKS board
- stop_button - new, (use with RepRap Discount Controller)
Parts with more variants:
- base_cable_mount - changed power supply mounting holes for 2017 power supply + added power cable management
- base_cable_smoothers_mount - changed power supply mounting holes for 2017 power supply + added power cable management + 3x smoothers mounting holes
- Front top panels:
- Left panels:
- left_panel - (Version for RepRap Discount Controller) changed design to same as right panel
- left_panel_cable_holes - (Version for RepRap Discount Controller) changed design to same as right panel + holes for cables to printer
- left_panel_pi_mount - (Version for RepRap Discount Controller) changed design to same as right panel + added mounting holes for „pi holders“ (READ print settings – notes)
- left_panel_mks_tft35 - (Version for MKS TFT35)
- left_panel_mks_tft35_cable_holes - (Version for MKS TFT35) + added cable holes
- Right panels:
- right_panel - (Version for RepRap Discount Controller) removed hole for USB (I use Octoprint)
- right_panel_mks_tft35 - (Version for MKS TFT35) removed hole for USB (I use Octoprint)
- Pi holders:
- Rear panels:
- Top parts:
- top - better fan possition for cooling power supply + stronger mount of fan –> use nuts (READ print settings – notes)
- top_spool_holder_holes - stronger mount of fan –> use nuts + added 4 holes for mounting spool holder on the top (READ print settings – notes)
Plasty Mladeč PLA
Black + Red
You need large bed (200x280) for this print. All parts will be printed with their outside face down on the print bed. Then for nice looking case, you need to have the perfect first layer. I recommend a bigger nozzle for this print. I have used 0.5mm nozzle and 0.25mm layer height. Use supports just for „front_bottom“ and „left_panel_pi_mount“.
Pause prints at height:
Parts „top“ and „top_spool_holder_holes“ requires that you pause the print at 4 mm height and install four M3 nuts in the position before you continue the print.
Part „left_panel_pi_mount“ requires that you pause the print at 3,5 mm height and install two M3 nuts in the position before you continue the print.
MKS board mount
I attach my MKS_base_holder to the top of the power supply. I drilled four 3mm holes in the top of the power supply. MKS_base_holder is screwed with four screws and nuts.
JST + XT connectors mount + dust filters
I glued JST connectors in rear panel with hot glue gun. I have used dust filters on every intake hole on case. I glued them also with hot glue gun. Don't use dust filter on outtake fan!
Parts logo_part_1 and logo_part_2 should be pushed in front_bottom without glue. You can use a hammer.
2 Pin Connectors:
- T0 - Thermometer 0 (1st hotend)
- T1 - Thermometer 1 (2nd hotend)
- HBT - Heat Bed Thermometer
- CF - Controled Fan
- F - Fan (Hotend)
- L - Lights
3 Pin Connectors - endstops (left connector for min., right connector for max.):
- X - endstops for X axis
- Y - endstops for Y axis
- Z - endstops for Z axis
4 Pin Connectors (motors):
- X - X axis motor
- Y - Y axis motor
- Z - Z axis motor
- E0 - Extruder 0 motor (1st extruder)
- E1 - Extruder 1 motor (2nd extruder)
- HE0 - HotEnd 0 (1st hotend)
- HE1 - HotEnd 1 (2nd hotend)