There is no shortage of covers for the Mean Well LRS-350 power supply, but I couldn't find one that was quite what I was looking for, so I decided to create my own. This design was made specifically for a Prusa i3 MK2.5 modified with pekcitron's Full Bear Upgrade, and has the following features:
Hinged design allows the front cover to swivel open for easy post-installation access to the PSU's screw terminals and voltage adjuster.
None of the vent holes on the PSU are blocked by the cover, and the bottom of the cover itself is vented to ensure there is plenty of airflow.
DC power cables exit through the bottom of the case, and a built-in zip-tie holder allows the cables to be easily secured.
- Fusion 360 source files are included, so you can tweak it to your heart's content
You will need a small collection of fastening hardware to put everything together:
- 2 x M3 hex nut for front panel lock
- 2 x M3 x 10mm for front panel lock
- 1 x M3 x 18mm for attachment to psu lower mount
- 3 x M4 x 8mm for right side and rear cover attachment to psu
- 1 x M4 x 16mm for left side cover and bottom side mount attachment to psu
- 1 x M4 x 10mm for top side mount attachment to psu
- 1 x Zip-tie 2.5mm x 100mm for securing DC power cables
Assembly itself should be pretty straight-forward, just make sure you pay attention to the length of M4 screws you use in the two back holes on the PSU - there is not a lot of clearance here, and using screws that are too long will result in damage to the circuitry.
The mounting holes on the sides of the PSU have a fair bit of clearance inside, so there is less concern here, but be careful all the same.
You will also need to pay attention to the position of the two side mounts, which must be used in place of the side mounts from the original Bear upgrade parts. These ones are marked with a 'T' and 'B' for top and bottom. The original lower PSU mount from the Bear upgrade parts should be used to secure the bottom in the same manner as the original Prusa PSU.
Don't tighten the two side "hinge" screws too much! It will make the hinge difficult to move, and could end up damaging the relatively thin side walls of the cover. I tightened mine just enough so that the front panel stays up on its own when fully open.
FRONT PANEL COMPONENTS
I have included the STL for the front cover that I used myself, but also included a blank front cover as I suspect most people will want to customize the cutouts for whatever switches/sockets they can source. I used the following components (including two switches, as I have a separate power switch for my Prusa MMU2 unit):
Neat Filaments PETG
For the two main cover pieces I printed using 3 perimeters, 5 top/bottom layers. For the side mounting brackets, I printed using the settings specified for the original psu_upper_mount part that I was emulating. (Settings are the same as above - including perimeters and T/B layers, but with 30% gyroid infill).