Parametric Cycle Mirror Handlebar Plug Mount
Suitable for mounting mirrors with a 10 mm ball mount system in handlebar ends (plug-style).
I have a nice Busch und Müller rearview mirror, which came with a plug mount that didn't fit into the equally nice but Busch-und-Müller-incomptabile aluminium handlebar of my bicycle. This parametric design allows the creation of plugs that fit non-standard handlebars.
Thanks to Stamos for the inspiration, though after considerable head-scratching, I ended up with a completely different design! :-)
If you're using a different style of mirror, also check out this customizable design by Ryoko:
- 1 Screw M4 x 40 mm (circular head)
- 1 Hex Nut M4
- Superglue (optional, recommended)
- 3 x 5 mm x 1.75 mm filament lengths (optional, recommended)
- Optional: Insert 5 mm x 1.75 mm filament lengths into the registering holes
- Optional: Glue "crown" to "plug".
- Insert hex nut into "cone".
- Insert screw into plug assembly.
- Insert cone loosely into plug.
- Screw screw into nut loosely.
- Push plug into handlebar end.
- Tighten screw until plug sits firm.
- Mount mirror to ball.