My take on the Sailor Moon Healing Wand. Made from scratch based on google image references from the show. I liked some of the others out there but they personally didn't capture the design from the show along with the ability to turn it into a desk lamp / torch and easy assembly (Resting stand to come).
Props to 3E8 with their design https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1100007. While I didn't use any part of the design it is a great design and did inspire the idea.
Updated Body V2 to sit on top of the handle instead of sunken in. Not sure which I prefer yet but will print both.
Update 26/02/19 - Uploaded fixed moonball. I printed this with a few extra walls and the supports from build plate only were easy enough to remove. In hindsight I think putting the thread to the top would print with less support and same amount of post-work.
*Updated Moon to include the thread. Forgot to click "modelled" I guess. I'm printing this now.
Work in Progress
Printed most parts thus far and all threads fit together. It's quite small so I might print another at 150%. This will require some modifications to the handle unless printed on an angle.
Print settings I've used:
Top/Bottom/Shell = 3
Using rafts for stability but might not be required.
Using 30-40% infill for all parts except Moonball which I just added a couple of shell walls.
*Moon left to print
Not yet print tested but have made gcodes ready to go.
Design using Fusion 360.
I wanted to make a desk lamp using batteries or cable. This design should accomodate for 2 x AA/AAA batteries wired up to a switch / button to run some LEDs. I'm attempting to integrate a piezo switch or conductive touch switch for on/off but I'll probably just end up adding the star into the handle as per "TV Show" for a simple button press.
To access the batteries / electronics, I decided to make the whole thing screw together (hopefully I got the threads correct)
My plan initially is to just have LED lights coming out of the frosted / translucent Moonball up the top. Then I'll either update the model or do some post processing to cut out one of the body face features to add some LED holes and glue on some runestones. I think plane cutting the front 3 spheres and adding some holes for the LEDs to shine through the glued coloured runestones on the front will add some "TV show realism".
There's quite a bit of room in the Body if hollowed out to even add an ESP32 and make it home assistant ready, control RGBs, add noise etc.