If you are looking for a Teleprompter, but you don't have a 3D Printer or you don't want to print it. I am selling Complete Kits on eBay and Amazon. I will have a link of that bellow.
Updated 2019-03-09 (It's smaller than 120mm) See UPDATES for full details!
This is a simple Teleprompter which is designed to work with an Acrylic panel and a tablet. However it should work with whatever you have.
It comes in 4 parts:
- The Quick Release (Base to hold everything to a TriPod)
- The Plexiglass Holder (Holds the Glass and the tablet & your camera)
- Display Holder (Holds a Tablet/Phone/Display and connects to the Plexiglass Holder)
- Camera Holder (is where the camera is mounted onto the setup and connects to the Quick Release through the Plexiglass Holder)
You will need
6 #10-32 Nuts
4 #10-32 1" Bolt
2 #10-32 3/4" Bolt
Transparent Surface (Glass, Acrylic Sheet, etc.)
Device with a display (Winodws Machine, iP/hone/ad/od, Android Phone/Tablet)
Please modify these files as you see fit. The Tablet Holder can support 700g of weight without flexing. I do not know the upper limit so be careful.
Step 1: Attaching the base
Assuming you printed everything we will need:
- Plexiglass Holder
- Camera Hold
- Quick Release
- 4 #10-32 Nuts
- 2 #10-32 1" Bolts
- 2 #10-32 3/4" Bolts
To ensure the parts will fit. Put one of your #10-32 Bolts through all the holes before assembly, and remove it when done.
Place 2 #10-32 Nuts in the Rectangular holes in the Quick Release and 2 #10-32 Nuts the Camera Hold.
Now bolt together the Plexiglass Holder and the Quick Release with the 2 #10-32 3/4" Bolts
Afterwards bot together the Camera Hold and Quick Release with 2 #10-32 1" bolts. The bolt goes into the quick release trough the Plexiglass holder and finally into the Camera Hold.
Tighten the bolts until snug.
Step 2: Attaching the Display Holder
You will need to slot 2 #10-32 Nuts into the Plexiglass holder at the front. These nuts goes in with Flat Sides and a pointed top and bottom.
The fit is snug so you might need to use some force like with a clamp.
Now you will use #2 10-32 1" Bolts to bolt together the Display Holder and Plexiglass Holder.
Tighten until snug.
Step 3: Glass, tripod screws and software
Display Holder (Tablet Holder)
- A new Display Holder has been added. It's printable in 2 parts and can screw together with the same #10-32 Nuts and 1" #10-32 bolt. It's Perfect for a Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer. It is also much bigger than the original Display Holder so it can now hold bigger devices like the iPad.
- New to this update is the Display Adjuster. It is a divider which fits nicely on the rails of the Display Holder which allows any display of any size to fit snugly on the Display Holder so it does not move.
- Camera Holder is now a little thinner to accommodate the type of tripod screws I am using
- Has some holes moved around for better access
- Holes moved for better access
- Thicker and taller walls on the ends so it holds my Tablet better