I think most of us know the problem when you busy outside pulling some cable and it's to short or it has to be connected to some other cable or wire. Or maybe it broke.
Tape won't do the job neither will any normal box or even the so called waterproof boxes aren't sufficient or wont fit or are to large and so on.
This is past tense, here for all those DIY guys and girls who recognise this problem I designed a 100% safe and watertight junction box.
The files consist of a junction box, a blind lid so you can make any size hole or more holes in it. Five lids with 5 different size holes 4-6-8-10 and 12mm (you need 2 for every box) and an end cap.
How it works, (see the pictures)
Before you start "TURN OF THE ELECTRICITY AND CHECK !"
- Slide the lids over the both cables you like to connect.
- Slide the junction box over one of the cables.
- Connect the cables together (do it in a proper way please)
- Push the lids in the junction box, if your printed it well they won't come out again, so you have only one go.
- Get a rubber, silicon or any water resistant sealant and screw the cartridge on the junction box.
- Attach your squeeze gun.
- SLOWLY start filling the junction box, SLOWLY is important to let the sealant settle.
- At a certain moment the sealant will seep out the small hole besides the big hole in the lid, or will seep out in the space between the lid and the junction box.
- Stop squeezing.
- Remove the cartridge, and use the end cap to close the hole.
Close your sealant with my other design "The sealant cap that works" https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3375441
And made some additional Nozzles
Let it dry and your connection is safe.
Please press Like too if you download or collect, thank you.