MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now


Modular Waterpipe (Threaded) (Updated)

by Hammerdan8617 Jan 30, 2019
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

What material would be best to print this with?

PLA or PETG is just fine. Nothing gets warm in use that is plastic in my experience.

What size is the threading?

The threads aren’t a standard size, they were made to the parts ID. I think I used a 5/8-11 base but I can’t remember, when I get a chance I can look up the dimensions.

I really love this design and it works and prints great! Do you think you could upload a file of the first and final tiers that are considerably shorter so that more perc chambers could be added before the pipe becomes too long for one person to use? or perhaps just a perc with the same thread as the base?

Thank you! That is a great idea. I will do that this weekend as soon as I have the time. What lengths were you thinking? Also, as long as I have the time I will also make a perc with the threads of the base. I most likely will not have time to print them to test out threads before I head out on vacation for a week. I can run it in SW interference detection and cut em in half to verify they will work ,I just won't be able to physically print them yet. Once again, thank you!

Perhaps a first tier could be sized no larger than what is necessary to function as a coupling, and I believe the mouthpiece could probably be shrunk by maybe 3 inches before splash becomes an issue. If you manage to get a file out for the new perc I could print it as soon as it is out and get back to you with results printing with cura on an anycubic i3 mega using optimal settings. Thanks for the consideration :D

I just added a 8 arm perc as well. Finishing up printing now myself.

Okay, I have added two new files they can be distinguished by the "- Short" at the end of them. One is a "1st" piece that is only 1" long to essentially just serve as an adapter for the Perc chamber to the base. The other is a "Top" file that is only 3" long, down from the original 6.4". I did not have the time to print them yet, however, just modified the existing files meaning fitment should not have changed.