I liked the idea to use squash balls as printer feet since they provide good dampening and are reasonably priced. However, the current designs usable for the full bear upgrade increase the overall hight of the printer . So i designed this low profile Version, usable for all Printers with 20x40 V-slot extrusions.
Printable without support, just rotate the part so tat the flat front side is laying on the bed.
You need (receipe for 4 feet):
- 8x T-Nuts for V-Extrusions
- 8x M5x8 scrwes
- 4 squash balls
Installation on bear frame:
- Pop off the end caps of the front and rear extrusions
- Insert 1 T-nut in upper and lower slot
- mount feet with 2 M5 screws
- insert squash balls
- There are now two versions:
- One for the flat and wide button head screws (e.g. bear upgrade kit)
- One for standard Bolts with cylindrical head
No support needed, beware of right orientation