This Thing is work in progress. If you want to see it adapted to a specific extruder provide me with STLs of said extruder and I will look into it. If you test any of the parts please let me know of the results and print settings, I am still concerned about rigidity of some designs that include a big stepper motor so make sure to adapt your print settings (4 wall layers and 50% infill should be a good starting point).
This mount is designed to be easiliy adaptable to a variety of extruders and not to interfere with a lot of available cooling ducts. For that reason it is mounted push fit to the spacers of the V-Slot wheels and not directly to the mounting plate. If you wish you can use an additional M3 screw and washer through the mounting plate to further secure it but it has not been shown necessary in my tests yet.
- Ender 3/CR-10 Stock extruder (not tested)
- E3D Titan extruder, suitable for pancake style steppers up to 27mm as it will hit the gantry with a bigger one. (not tested)
- E3D Titan extruder (angled) for bigger steppers (not tested, minimal space for support structures, might not hold up to the task, straight version recommended)
- mirrored Pitan extruder (On Thingiverse)
- Custom extruder to minimize the lenght of bowden tube needed for those really hating on any bowden.
- Mount for Bondech BMG extruder(according to this)
Known working ducts:
.2mm layer height or lower
any ABS (PLA or PETG might work too)
For rigidity I recommend choosing a heigh amout of wall layers of 4 or more and a strong infill pattern (e.g. gyroid).
- mount for Bondtech BMG now included to be tested
added mount for the mirrored Pitan extruder (On Thingiverse)
added angled mount for the Titan extruder for those wanting to use a bigger Stepper. I'd still recommend trying the straight one first because of the lower weight and because the angled version ending up with only space for minimal support structures.
added print setting recommendation.
fixed the stock extruder mount to accommodate the rarer version which has a cable clamp
- the base is now 5mm smaller to both sides to accommodate various more ducts that clamp around the original backplate.
- first realease with stock and E3D Titan extruder