This chocolate bar model can be modified to allow names or images. Both SolidWorks Files and STLs are attached so that the squares of chocolate can be easily edited.
-Clear Packaging or Scotch tape
-Food Safe Silicone (I used SORTA-Clear 37 Clear Silicone Rubber)
- Edit the model using either SolidWorks or 3d Builder to add the detail that you wish to
appear on the final bar of chocolate
- Print the model standing upright for higher detail in the lettering
- Make a cardboard frame slightly larger than the chocolate bar. attaching it together with
- Cover the cardboard frame in scotch tape so that the chocolate doesn't stick
- Hot glue the 3d print to the bottom of the frame
- Pour silicone over the 3d print making sure that no bubbles are inside the letters and
allow to cure fully
- Temper your chocolate (I used the seeding method
- Pour the chocolate into the silicone mold and refrigerate
The silicone mold must be cleaned by soaking in hot soapy water in order to remove the cocoa butter from the mold.