A X-carriage on a Linear MGN9 rail mounted under a V-Slot 20x20 Extrusion rail.
This is a much simpler but complete version of my "3-wheeled or Linear Railed Modular X-carriage (D-Bot Core_XY 3D Printer)", https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2206664.
It has all the same "modules" for mounting the E3Dv6, the Cyclops and the Chimera with bowden tubes or with Nimbles. The Diamond mount is for bowden tubes only.
The same fan ducts for 2-sided cooling of the print, to be as close to those hot ends as I could make them.
It originated from de the D-Box of spauda01, which uses a 20x40 V-Slot rail.
Because I don't use leadscrews, see my "Bed_Hoist", https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2846764, (Version 2 coming up soon) I could use its lower middle "K"-rail, shortened to the 488mm of that "R"-rail.
I made a Y-Carriage_for_20x20_X-Rail, www.thingiverse.com/thing:3401126, remixed from and to combine again with its cousin in the "3-wheeled Y guide (Re-D-Bot)" by NickRimmer , www.thingiverse.com/thing:1930200.
Like I did in my "3-wheeled Y guide goes linear", www.thingiverse.com/thing:2701748.
The original Y-Guides, H-Bar_Ends, whatever they are called, for the 20x40 rail can also still be used, I feel (and did for a short while), because I don't think the loss of a nut means much, compared to a good adjustment of the belts-tension. Anyway, a purpose-made Y-Carriage_for_20x20_X-Rail can't hurt. ;-)
If somebody wants to keep the 20x40 for this thing, I could heighten the plates accordingly, with this same configuration, but I do think the whole thing would then be just that teeny bit less stable with that extra weight swaying to and fro. Let me know.
A 400mm MGN9 rail + MGN9H block which is closer to the hot end.
Or have a look at the remix of faekie, who uses 2 MGN9C blocks: "Dual MGN9C bracket for modular 2020 D-Bot X-carriage", https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3364172.
2 versions of the rear plate, a mount for the linear MGN9 rail and 2 simple plates- supports.
The 2 endstops had to be adapted for this thing and I simplified the mounts for the endstop swithches (both for simple microswitches and electro-mechanical microswitches), though the old ones are still usable.
The modularity means by its nature that I cannot give a nice BOM, it all depends on what configuration one chooses, so I made a "Notes_on_Howto_What.pdf" where you can find all details.
With this thing it becomes especially useful to lower the upper front rail (N in manual of Spauda01) to just below the bed in Z-home position for better access to hot ends and bed surface.
Thanks again to spauda01, 1sPiRe and MrArrow1961 (see "Remixed From").
Edit (19-01-19): Referred here and in Notes (->V1a) to remix of faekie. I haven't made it, oh, I see he didn't either, but it looks good. ;-) I like it that there is a virtual lengthening of the block by using the two smaller ones.
Edit (03-02-19): I pointed in the text to my remix of a Y-Carriage for a 20x20 rail.
Edit (06-02-19): ditto to the lowering of the N-rail