You need filament swatches for testing different colors and makes? You want to know the colors you have on spool at the moment?
Here are customizable filament swatches / tests, where you can change all the text using the thingiverse customizer (Press the button "Open in customizer" above). This way you don't have to print and stick any labels anymore.
You can customize:
- 3 lines of text (for make/type/color/printer settings for the material): upper, lower left, lower right
- By default, all kinds of test patterns are included in the swatch. This way you can easily see how well the filament printed. You can select how many round test pattern are included. You can check overhangs, bridging, pyramids, roundness, etc.
- There is a fourth text on the top side to indicate the material type quickly when the swatches are in their box.
- Thickness progression of the 'layers', defined as an array of numbers
- Font, font size (font size can be set for the main text and the steps separately. Setting a font size to 0 removes the text), text line distance, wether the text is raised or embossed
- Size of the swatch
- Hole diameter, grooves, etc
- As default, "Pathway Gothic One" font is selected for better readability. You can also check the V5 .stl files as font samples. The first line on each swatch is the fonts name. You can check if the text is still well readable after slicing these swatches all at once.
If you print a swatch, please share a picture using the "post a make" button.
This way we can collect here filament print quality via pictures...
If you like it, also check out my configurable text based creations, gadget display stand, sweeping name plate, bunting banner, customizable text box III, pyramid text, name plate, Customizable text box with lid and round text. Have also a look at my configurable pack of dogs and rabbits.
As they are, the swatches fit into the configurable box from Jaxel. You can see the box in the 2nd picture. The box shown is also added here as .STL.
Insipration came from different swatch cards here on thingiverse, all attached in the "remix", and they seem to all go back to the design from venegade.
Thanks go out to teruteru314 for suppying the same model as solidworks file (.sldprt) which is now also included here.
Print the swatch at
- Layer height .2mm
- 2 Perimeter
- 5 Solid layers
- 20% infill (fill pattern grid, fill angle 45 degree)
Don't use supports. The structures are there to evaluate how well bridges work without supports.