This will replace the stock extruder with an e3D titan for the gCreate gMax 1.5xt. This will improve performance with flexibles and will reduce the mass on the x axis by using a smaller stepper motor.
Print settings and recommended materials (see 5th photo for recommended print orientation):
Titan Bracket: Print in a strong and tough material (Tough PLA, ABS, PETG, Nylon). Print with the large flat face down with supports enabled, 4-6 walls, and at least 40% infill.
Fan Shroud: Print in higher temp material (anything but PLA). Print with open face down without supports.
LED Holder: Settings and material are up to you (supports are optional), print with small flat face down.
Required Materials (US):
(1x Groovemount for 1.75mm) https://www.filastruder.com/collections/e3d-spare-parts-and-accessories/products/bowden-couplings-all-types?variant=21286000324
(100 mm 2mm ID) https://www.filastruder.com/collections/e3d-spare-parts-and-accessories/products/ptfe-tubing?variant=1287965544
- Keep track of all of the screws and nuts when you disassemble the stock extruder and take pictures as you go!
- Take all hardware off of the x-carriage then take off plastic mount
- Mount new titan bracket on x-carriage
- Put lock-nuts and BL-touch nuts into their pockets before installing titan to bracket (they will be blocked by the titan
- Assemble titan and v6 per e3D's instructions with new motor
- Assemble all wires and fans back onto the new mount (all except LED and BL-touch)
- Insert LED strip into LED holder and Assemble the BL-touch bracket behind the LED holder onto the new mount (this is different than the stock mount)
- Zip tie all wires to match stock organization
- In the electronics box, flip the direction for the extruder motor
- Change esteps to 820 and calibrate from there (use e3D's guide)
- Do a PID autotune
- Watch tour first print, the z-height will not be the same as it was before, do your live-z adjustment and you will be all set
PM me with specific q's