*Added flat WTC endcap to make it easier to drill holes for servo linkages and prop shaft. The plan is to have holes and flanges incorporated in the endcap .stl, but as I don't have the techrack finished this will be done later on.
I made a version of the nose with separate torpedo hatches upon request.
New version of the sail contributed by rOEN911. Added to downloadable files by name sail_v2. Thanks!
This is the Swedish submarine HMS Gotland in scale 1/48 ment for radio controll.
The project is ongoing and will update along the way. I'm also grateful for any suggestions on improvements, either on printeability, scale look or function.
Some details on the concept:
- No expensive parts shall be required, except regular rc equipment (not 2,4ghz, as it doesn't work underwater)
- No or minimal need for support, all sections shall print okay without support if oriented correctly, except section 7 that needs support for the access hatch.
- Static diver, my plan in to use a so called high pressure pump ballast system where a washer fluid pump will serve as pump.
- A standard 75mm PVC pipe (sold as sewer pipes) will be used as dry hull/WTC, and ballast tank.
- She is a little over 60m long, so a scale of 1/48 gives 1.25m.
Fun fact is that Gotland with it's stirling engines sneaked by the sonar defences and "sank" USS Ronald Reagan during an exercise in 2005 (well, at least photographed her within effective torpedo range).