My story is like others posting poopy bag holders. The store brand was simply complete "poop" and I decided to make one that holds the store-bought green/blue bags that are on a little spool.
- Minimal material but strong - Body uses about 3.4m and Cap uses 2m
- Smooth edges so bags do not rip
- Strong bag holder arm/hook (strength tested and iteratively designed in Inventor)
- Cap stays on - redesigned in version 10
- Bags need to come out and go back in easily
- Doesn't take half a day to print (3 hours on normal is pretty good)
I printed it upside down without supports.
(bug fixed in main version 12 so handle touches print bed. Thanks ADKGuy!)
Enjoy and please give me a like, a comment, or a picture of your make!
Tell me anything I should improve.
(bug fixed in main version 13 where a wall near the bag opening was sticking into the center of the bag holder too far)
50%; use gyroid if you have it
You may need to scrape or sand a few rough edges from the inside of the cap to get it to fit on the first time. Don't overdo it - some friction is good.
I used Inventor and some YouTube videos for certain things I didn't know how to do. You can download the 3d design file and take a look at the specifics.