Printed out the Front Muzzle, super thin and weak so i have doubled the wall thickness.
Still having issues with the Main body, battery cell, and Grip V2. I have moved the bodies to all positive locations in space and re exported with no errors.
Cura didn't like the simplified grip or body, so i remade them with simple geometry and no other features. Previously i only disabled unwanted features but left them in the data.
Also removing double files.
Adding pictures of assembled pistol, and without coil for LED assembly.
Coil printed beautifully in 2 hours, 0.3mm layer thickness. Printed in Silver as i am waiting on See Through Green, both 3DSolutech brand.
Pistol scale test worked, but two halves were not preferred. I have created a new pistol grip file as a single part, and modified the backside a bit so that it can be printed on its back. width and curve has not changed. Due to the new angle of print, the locking pins on the top have been removed.
With the information form the grip test, i also merged the body into a single piece. Will fully rework when the PCB comes in for the mounting holes. Changed print orientation to be front on the build plate. Added a simplified file that is not hollowed out for electronics.
Going to do a scale and fit test of the whole pistol over the next few days. Will post updates and progress after i build a dummy model.
V1 plasma pistol
Cut to be printed on an Ender 3.
I designed this with minimal supports on everything but the Body_Left / Body_Right.
This will take a LED Chaser board, which i will have to move supports for depending on model of board.
Need to finish the LED Brackets before i fully assemble. These were created with a mirror function, but would work better if i rotated them so the legs of the LEDs match - to + in series.
Note for those who choose to print this, Red/Yellow/Old green LEDs have a forward voltage drop of about 2.2, whereas Blue/White/New green have a drop of 3. This will change the number of LEDs per chaser circuit to 4/3 respectively.
The supports to front muzzle will hold a 20mm LED and i have added a hole for wires to reach through.
A 9v battery should fit in the base of the body, i used max tolerances plus a few mm open space so that it can fit with enough room to wire multiple sets of LEDs in parallel.
There is a slot on the Grip that will accept a 12mm micro switch button that will be activated with a trigger pull, it will need cleaning due to the orientation of print, i could not cleanly chamfer this for no support, but as long as the wired switch can fit in the channels and not rip the wire coating it is fine.
Grip will be resized. I want to do a fit test in my hand before i fully publish the grip. Will include multiple sizes when finished.