This is a modification of the amazing Zaribo Einsy Box designed by Zaribo Team (https://github.com/Zaribo/Zaribo-MK3/tree/master/STL/Frame/Einsy).
There are 3x2x2 = 12 different Einsy Boxes, plus 2 Bear variations for MK2x:
a) Anchors for Zaribo (T-Slot), MK3 Stock Frame and Full Bear (V-Slot) (3)
a) With and without Raspberry room (2)
b) With and without MMU2 input (2)
It is compatible with mini-Rambo board as the mounting holes are identical.
WARNING: The Bear version is compatible with the MK3 Bear Frame and MK2x (1cm shorter), choose the right file.
I have used a three digits number code (ABC) to do an easier file identification where:
A: means Raspberry Room (0=no, 1=yes)
B: means Anchors (1=Stock, 2=Full bear or V-Slot, 3=Zaribo or T-Slot)
C: means MMU2 input (1=no, 2=yes)
The common parts have no number.
Covers for no Raspberry boxes begin with 000 (020 for Bear or V-Slot), for Raspberry boxes begin with 100.
Otherwise, file names are very explicit.
Raspberry to Einsy Connections
RPI -> EINSY USE
04 -> 02 (Red) (5V) disconnect this one to use an external power supply or connect it to the a stepdown.
06 -> 04 (Black) (Ground)
08 -> 06 (Orange) (GPIO14) Tx (Transmit)
10 -> 08 (Yellow) (GPIO15) Rx (Receive)
15 -> 13 (Blue) (GPIO22) SD0 CLK
16 -> 14 (Green) (GPIO23) SD0 CMD
You can use any combination of cable colours, this is only an example (3rd picture).
Fixed minor geometry bugs, doing a minor gap on the Raspberry versions. Checked with Slic3r and now seems to be correct. I’m sorry for the inconveniences.
Added a cover with fan mount holes for Raspberry versions. The fan can be mount to put in or to take out air. I’m using a Noctua 40x40x20 fan (https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B071W6JZV8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but can be used any 5v 40x40 fan. I’m taking the 5v from the Einsy 5v connector (3rd picture).
For Zaribo and Bear versions:
- Fixed the left Raspberry cover hole, it was very narrow for a square nut.
- Improved Raspberry mount holes and its accessibility.
- Reduced some overhangs slightly.
- Cutted a corner to do easy the management of cables from the other side, so the boxes can sit lower on the frame (2nd picture).
- Added stepdown holes, using this one: (https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0769GR3VM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
For Stock versions:
- Removed the giraffe logo from stock versions.
Added no Raspberry cover with fan mount.
Added a new Cable Cover (Narrow-EinsyBox-CableCover1.stl) with clamps to hold better the thin cables.
- Reinforced all the Raspberry boxes and covers.
- Reinforced no Raspberry covers.
- More ventilation grilles.
- Improved stepdown mount holes (now with threads) and its position (to be easier to attach the power cables to the rambo board).
- Added clamps to the all the boxes tubes to hold better the cables.
- Added clamps to Stock and Bear no Raspberry boxes.
- Fixed Bear logo on file 022, I forgot to update it.
I have adjusted the size of the Bear (V-Slot) boxes, the X-Motor hits against the cover. So these boxes use a different cover (number 020).
I have added a new Raspberry cover (file 120) for the Bear version. In this way the box can be adjusted closer (lower) to the angle bracket.
I have added two new covers (specially for the bear Raspberry versions) where they are thinner to prevent the X-motor hits against them. Files "120. Thin_Einsy_Cover_Fan_RASP_v3.stl" and "120. Thin_Einsy_Cover_RASP_v3.stl"
- I have corrected same mistakes (clamps) on the no Raspberry boxes and I have reinforced the boxes to be a bit stronger.
- I have uploaded a rar file with all the blender files to make your own modifications.
- New Bear box design following the shape of the Full Bear frame (at the moment no Raspberry versions and compatible only with MK3), files 020, 021 and 022.
- Removed lower vent holes from boxes to reduce heat from heatbed.
- A new screw is used to fix the bow to the below frame. To avoid dismount the frame I have used this nut: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/21pcs-M3-for-20-series-Slot-T-nut-Sliding-nut-Hammer-Head-Fasten-Nut-Connector-Nickel/32696434208.html?spm=a2g0s.90423188.8.131.52efa63c04Qn2Q4
- Improved Cable Holder hex holes on these versions, other boxes will follow.
Minor change, I have improved the opening for the cables (PSU, LCD, motors, etc.) on the Bear no Raspberry versions, files 021 and 022.
- I have added a new box Bear for MK2, MK2s and MK2.5 with the prefix MK2x, as the frame is 1cm shorter. The MK3 version have a MK3 prefix.
- The fan on the cover is upper to ventilate over the Einsy Board the cpu and drivers chips.
- The Bear Boxes are 9mm lower to improve the range of the original cables.
- The PSU and motor cables hole has been improved.
I have fixed a fail on the Stock no Raspberry boxes (two holes were filled by mistake), files 011 and 012.
- I have corrected some mistakes (like filled holes) on the boxes 011, 012, 031 and 032. Also I have improved the cable holder holes to be printed without supports.
- I have move the fan hole upper, to vent the cpu and drivers, file 000.
- I have corrected some small geometry details (Raspberry versions) that provocated errors slicing using Slic3r Alpha, now the files work well on current Slic3r version and Alpha.
- The number of vent holes has been reduced on all Raspberry version boxes.
- The holes has been improved to be printed better without supports, added custom supports on Zaribo boxes.
- The Thin_Covers have been renamed to Bear_Covers.
- I have move the fan hole upper, to vent the cpu and drivers, like the no Raspberry covers.
Added depression to fit a Raspberry Zero (it was lost when I removed the vent holes). However I recommend the Bananapi M2 Zero card, because the Zero is underpowered to use it with Octoprint (http://www.banana-pi.org/bpi-zero.html). Bear Versions, files 021 and 022.
I have updated all the Raspberry boxes:
- Improved cover holes (those that use square nuts). Now the holes are not printed on air.
- Added the fourth Raspberry hole.
- Removed the bottom grid to have better access to the Raspberry (and mounting), now there are two Raspberry covers, with and without grid, you choose!
- The Bear anchors have been moved slightly to have more separation from X-Motor.
- Now the corner is cutted in angled (instead of arc) to better fit on Bear frame.
I have updated the proper logo on every box.