When I started printing vehicles I often was frustrated about the deficient print quality and the awful cleaning work.
So I decided to divide the object into several parts.
The focus is on print quality and avoiding support structures.
After printing, the parts have to be glued together.
Meanwhile I printed and built some models in this way.
I publish the print files for all users who like to have quick and good print results.
Finally, let my thank the original designers of the models. They are important for our community. I only cut their models into several pieces ... nothing else.
This time I worked on the Sd.Kfz.251 Ausf.A.
I took this object, cutted it into several pieces.
I printed the model with my FDM printer at a scale of 1/72.
The attached stl-files are scaled to 1/100.
Print all parts with support. The slicer software will install little support at hidden places.
Photos of the finished model will follow later.
I changed file A (center hull). A-1-100-sdkfz251_ausf-a_center hull_V2.stl is the new version.
The first layer has a larger area (seat backrest and wheel) and is therefore better to print.
I changed file B (tracks). B-1-100-sdkfz251_ausf-a_tracks_V2.stl is the new version.
The first layer has a larger surface area and therefore better adhesion to the printbed.
I added SdKfz 251 Ausf. D (files D to G)
The parts are glued together as in Ausf. A.
extrudr PLA NX-2 anthrazit
nozzle 205°C, heated bed 60°C