I think this design from s34n72 is the best X axis tension system for the Anet A8, but it was too wide to fit in the IKEA Lack enclosure.
This is why I made some modifications to make it a lot smaller without disrupting the functionality or strength of the design.
- Knob: Edited to make it a lot smaller.
- Block: Original from s34n72.
- Puller v2: Original from s34n72.
Needed materials (just like the original design):
- 2x M5 bolt (length differs per machine)
- 2x M5 nut
- M4 bolt (< 50mm)
- M4 nut
- Original Anet A8 M3 bolt (18mm)
- Original Anet A8 M3 nut
NOTE: In the pictures it looks like the block part is leaning against the whit X-axis block, this is not true. The bolts distribute the force to the metal rods.
All credits go to s34n72 for designing this.
Don't add supports in the puller. I used support blockers in Cura, these are the exact settings so you don't have to figure it out yourself:
- Puller rotated as in the added picture.
- Puller position: X=7, Y=26.5367, Z=0
- Blocker 1 scale: X=10, Y=30, Z=10
- Blocker 1 position: X=6.0672, Y=28.0616, Z=0.3882
- Blocker 2 scale: X=10, Y=10, Z=10
- Blocker 2 position: X=6.9044, Y=51.9564, Z=0.2833
- Support density: 25%
Imported the STL with SketchUp and made the modifications.