The purpose of this design is twofold. First, fix known issues of CC-00 by using whoop form factor to provide better protection. Second, investigate the feasibility of using PETG as the material for printing the frame.
- Can use 16x16m Flight Controller stack or typical 36x36mm whoop FC.
- 0-45 degree adjustable camera angle.
- Battery mounting solution is very flexible. Can add more 1S battery by using more battery holder. (Mind the voltage limit of FC and ESC)
- Only use M2 screws and nuts
- Easy to print (Only the frame needs a little support)
Note: Frank Zambrana succefully tested the frame with crazybee F3 (link)
- No direct access to USB port
- Direction of VTX antenna is not ideal
- The PETG frame is not tough enough for hard crash
- Doesn't support smaller motors (e.g. 0603, 0705, 0804) at the moment (Will publish new version later)
- 2018-11-11 23:47 NZDT
- Uploaded cc01_battery_holder_v2. (Added a ring for battery strap to get through, so the holder is less likely to be missing)
- Uploaded cc01_battery_base_v2. (Reduced its height)
- Updated the picture of battery mounting solution.
- 2018-11-15 14:50 NZDT
- Uploaded cc01_frame_v2. (Enhanced the strength and improved the air flow)
- Updated the image showing total weight.
- Updated the image showing battery pad.
All based on default profile of Slic3r Prusa Edition.
Frame, canopy and battery base were printed with PETG. Only the motor mounting area of frame needs support. If you have difficulty printing the first layer, try to lower the speed of first layer.
Battery holder was printed with TPU. Set fan always on to avoid small detail melting into a mess.
- Use screw driver to clear m2 through holes, so the screws can go through smoothly.
- Slightly trim the corner of RX2A receiver before applying heat-shrink, so it can be easily fit in between ESC and FC. Do not damage the circuit.
- Use zip-tie to hold the antenna of VTX
- The IBUS won't work if you solder both PPM and IBUS signal of RX2A on flight controller.
- Better to apply loctite, because the screw for mounting motor are too tiny.