This is a simple but yet effective hold(ing) down clamp. The package comes with two sizes: ~50mm and ~75mm length of the part that actually holds the workpiece (the overall lengths are ~110mm and ~135mm).
The clamp comes with a star grip and a t-nut. The latter one fitting the left t-rail of the Bosch GTS10XC circular table saw. Use a different M6 t-nut for your specific application.
Star grip and nut feature a slot-in hole for an M6 nut. You will have to prepare a M6 threaded bar of appropriate length to suit your needs. I used a threaded bar with 8 cm length.
- 3D printed parts: clamp, star grip, and - if need be - the t-nut. The sturdiness required depends on your usage scenario. I advise to use 100% infill. See the disclaimer below.
- 2 x M6 nut
- M6 threaded bar of desired length
- In case you want to use the t-nut: Use screw adhesive to glue a M6 nut to one end of the threaded bar. Then stick the bar through the t-nut and use super glue to glue the M6 nut to the slot-in hole of the t-nut. If you use another t-nut that fits your tool/machine, you will have to decide how to bring the two pieces together.
- Use super glue to glue a M6 nut to the star grip.
- Stick the threaded bar from the bottom through the clamp and screw the star grip on the bar.
If you print this model and use it, you do this on your own risk. I cannot be held responsible if someone or something gets damaged or injured by using this model.