Update 4. If you are looking for a scarier version of this, I've edited it into a horned dragon, here,
Update 3. Got the printer belt sorted, found that I was still having trouble, learned a bunch about remeshing, and sorted this to a 2.7Mb file! Was 600,000 + triangles, down to 5,000 and still looks darn good! Printed in glow in the dark PLA, then thermoformed via, pouring boiling water on the hinges (see video) and carefully bending.
Update 2. Finally got the printer sorted out, had to fix lower drive belt, then discovered that my triangle count was too high, and causing grief in my slicer, got that sorted out, then started printing without double checking to see that I had enough filament. Arggg, however, as far as it got, the print came out awesome, and by running out before much of the beak was printed, yahoo, I discovered I'm close to being able to reuse much of the drawing and have cow skull amor! Here's a video
Update 1. I've added nasty bird 4b 10k.stl as an easier to print version (flat bottomed). I like the more rounded look of the other files, however they keep pealing up off my print plate.
I've been playing around with this interlocking skull/horn design for a while.
Decided to make it into something.
The photos are of an earlier version, where I'm still trying to optimize the horn size/position relative to the eye socket of neighbour.
The .stl's I've included have larger horns, and have integrated chainmail joining them together. The .stl is also for an assembly of 5, rather than the 3, and I think is perfect for a shoulder guard (pauldron), or...
I've had a hard time reducing the number of triangles, while still maintaining an accurate surface. I've included 2 levels of resolution, but I will probably update this with a better file.
My printer is broken down, but should be back up in a few days :-).