Loading

MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Littlefiver

Hallowing Cyclops Skull

by Littlefiver Oct 25, 2018
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

Comments deleted.

Nice work. If you'd like to try out a updated case design, we posted it here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3159362 (fitted for 400mAh lipo, 40mm plastic convex lens, and the display w/ foam backing.) The Fusion 360 source is also available to remix/modify https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Learning_System_Guides/tree/master/Hallowing_Case/source

HalloWing Eye Case

Thanks. I will check it out.

By the way, I looked on the website, but I couldn't find it. Is there a way to edit the spooky eye code? I would love to be able to add sound (since there's a speaker output) or incorporate the motion sensor or servo that came in the adabox

This looks phenomenal. I wish I had the lens! It is really great. I can’t wait to print it.

Thanks.

I have not painted anything like this in 25 years. I am happy with how it turned out.

How is this attached? is it just glued to the existing adafruit case cover?

I used my hot glue gun, just so I can remove it later if I want to use the Skull or lens for another project.

I guess you could use any glue, but I read somewhere to not get CA glue on the lens, as it will fog a bit. I searched around, but I can't find the link that actually said that... I didn't glue the lense, it is just sandwiched between the top of the case and the skull.

Ah hot glue is a good idea, I really like this spin on the top.. I too found it a bit barren.. one thing I did was "tweak" the bottom using the same alternate version, but increase the height a bit (leaving the x/y axis alone) .. also I found using small screws to attach the hallowing to the bottom case seemed to improve the fit greatly. I had issues with it being a tight fit (even with the extra tall tweaks) and the cover would pop off, spilling the lense and the hallowing out (fortunately I was suspicious and made sure there was a pillow for it to land in).. screwing the wing into the base made everything perfectly. But will certainly try your much more creative cover addon! I love the look.