UPDATE 16 November:
I uploaded the new version of Mavic Air Lens Holder. Now there is a version for SLA 3D printers (with exposed magnets) and in order to increase the force i decided to put 2 magnets together in each hole. So now in total the product needs 16 magnets that you can buy with the link below.
Hi guys!! This is my new project: Mavic Air Lens Holder
This gadget has 2 main parts: superior cover and inferior cover.
To keep them together I decide to put inside neodymium magnets (dimension: 5x1mm).
To make it possible we have to stop the printer when it finishes to print the highest part of the hole designed for magnets (height from the base: 5,7mm) and insert them inside.
- Export your gcode with Slic3r, Cura or other,
- Identify the right layer to stop the printer = 5,7mm x print resolution,
- Open to modify the Gcode using TextEdit or other text editor,
- Search the correct layer searching Z(right layer),
- Add the command line in the .doc file,
- Modify if you want the X and Y coordination,
- Enjoy !!
This is a guide to include fasteners/magnets into a 3d print model by modifying the Gcode.
- don't make inside supports,
- modify gcode to stop the printer at high 5,7mm from the base,
- insert the magnets in the correct direction to attract the opposite one,
FiloAlfa PETG, PLA, ABS