I found my new HyperX Alloy FPS keyboard is too high and is missing wrist rest so I designed one.
Width: depends on version, 29 or 44,6cm
Depth: 5,6cm (visible part), 6,1cm (with front dock hole), total: 8,5cm
There is no good way to snap this to the keyboard so tape is the best solution. Otherwise it won't stay still.
I made three version:
- basic one part piece (29cm)
- Two part version for smaller printers (20,5cm + 8,5cm)
- added rounded corners and bottom plate to improve docking under the keyboard
- full width (22,3cm + 22,3cm)
- Use biggest resolution if you are going to use wood putty, plastic kit etc. Printing result doesn't matter in this case.
- Use 3mm brim for longest parts. Corners gets easily off from bed and result is not good.
- Make sure support material is generated correctly. Prusa slic3r doesn't always generate perfect supports by default.
I used wood putty to smooth printed parts but there is also much better ways. Sand paper gives smooth result and then just use black spray. Super clue is best way to connect parts together.