Seeing as it's almost Halloween, I thought it'd be as good time to do my take on a pumpkin... or a spider... aw heck, why not both?
For this print, I used ReelToReal's white ABS filament, and then smoothed the shell with ABS and painted it. It's great filament, at a really good price too, which is why pretty much everything I've made used their filament! I was actually originally recommended the filament by a friend who was also into 3d printing, so I'd say it's got a pretty good reputation as a brand. If you like how the print looks, you should check them out at https://reeltoreal.co.nz
Support me by purchasing a print on Etsy!
Follow me on Facebook!
A Discord, why not?
Wanna give an internet stranger free money? Smash that tip button!
For the outer pumpkin sculpt I used tone001's pumpkin:
If you made it, post the make! It supports the design and helps my reach!
Big thanks to the following users who've tipped me!
Featured in several news outlets!
Model units are in mm, don't accidentally print something 10x too big!
I've included chest-2parts.stl in case the chest piece breaks on your printer, just put the legs in the sockets and glue down the top.
If you choose to go the path of printing orangeparts.stl and blackparts.stl, you'll have to glue them together post-print.
The print in the photo is at 80% size.
Once the print's finished, put some superglue on the base of the ball joint in the middle of the chest, to reinforce it. assemble by pushing the leg ball joints into the chest sockets. Depending on the printer, the tightness of assembly may vary, but due to the cyclic shape of the chest there shouldn't be any serious breakage. Once those are in, click the other end into the pumpkin slices, and you've got the legs! They should all be the same around the pumpkin, to get it to have the abdomen fold 2 legs around backwards.
The head is connected to the body with 2 the neck joints, move the head to the front for spider mode. For pumpkin mode, move it upwards, then move it down so it fits snugly in the middle.
For the print in the image, I made it in white ABS plastic, then smoothed it with acetone, and airbrushed the individual pieces.