Since no other company has made a training barrel for the new gen 5's yet. I got impatient and edited an existing one by HybridDK to fit generation 5's. i used meshmixer to move the parts around to the appropriate lengths and Ultimaker Cura to create the g-code. I made this longer than the actual barrel so others can see its a training barrel from a distance.
this is my first time uploading an object so im not sure why these files take up so much memory. any advice would be great!
V2= removed feed ramp and improved dimensions of locking block slightly
V3= removed thin part on lower portion of locking block, made an angle to aid in slide function on the top piece, internal mesh fixes
Ive been having some trouble with durability of the locking block part of the barrel if the slide is released from the full lock position. not sure how to make that stronger but its something to be cautious of. If it breaks the barrel is still aesthetically functional but the slide will come off if the trigger is pulled
i used a raft on mine because the top part had a tendency to warp but that could be a user error on my part
the supports make the top part of the barrel pretty rough so might be a good idea to sand or vapor smooth it