Thingiverse is currently experiencing issues related to search. We are currently investigating. Thanks for your patience.

Loading

MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

PistonPin

Kazoo

by PistonPin Sep 22, 2018
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

Thanks for this great little model!

It printed perfectly (once I added a small brim to keep it on the plate). I did a little trial-and-error around here to find a good material for the cover, since we don't really have any window envelopes. I found that those filmy plastic bags they use to deliver the newspaper are perfect! I just take a hunk of it and wrap it around the threads of the nut, then screw the whole thing together and remove the excess plastic film. It seems to work even better when I don't get it stretched perfectly tight.

This is the heart of the making spirit. Quick print, easy assembly and non printed parts that are really something everyone has at home. I love this! Thank you for this model. <3
Btw.: At first try I was blowing through the small hole too.^^

Haha, thanks! :) You're not the only one!

So !
I printed this to gift it to a friend, and it sounds really amazingly funny,
but I notice that if you humm throw the other ends (the big one) it works so much better !
Any idea why ?

Edit :
Soooooo ^^
I'm a dumb idiot ^^
I am supposed to humm throw the big hole xD

Well, to be fair, it does seem counterintuitive to humm into the bigger end when with other instruments like horns, trumpets or even vuvuzelas it's the other way round. :)

The screw wasn't screwing in for me, so I am using scotch tape for now. I printed at 30% infill in AmazonBasics red PLA. I printed the more clearance version of the nut, and it doesn't work. Should I print the normal one, or would it be worse?

Is the +0.2mm version still too tight?

For some reason, yes. One side goes in but then the other size doesnt fit in no matter how hard I pressed. When moving it to give it the best chance.

How do the threads in the body part look? Perhaps they just need a bit of cleaning with a knife?

Is your printer calibrated (correct z-height)?

I've added a third version of the screw with +0.4mm, if you want to give it a try.

My 3d printer is calibrated really well, I printed a bunch of benchys and even the iris box and they are all correct. This is the first model I am having trouble with. The threads are slightly messy, so I will try to clean them up more, and print the 0.4mm version.

I printed all of the screw's and the 0.4mm version just screwed right in. Worked Great. Thanks

Nice, glad that it works!

Comments deleted.

Printed one and used wax paper, but it's not working.

Have you tried the thin plastic film of an envelope window? In my experience they work better than wax paper.

And, erm, you're humming (not blowing) into it, right? :)

I will try with the envelope window :)

How strong are we supposed to screw the top, just a little or really strong ?
TY

That's a bit hard to describe … I tighten the screw down until I see the membrane buckling a just a tiny little bit.

I TRIED PRINTING THE BODY BUT IT FAILED

half way through to place to put the lock nut

I ran into exact the same issue with one printer of mine. I could imagine that with low infill and too much speed the retraction settings could cause a clog at one point.

This is strange. I've printed three or four kazoos by now and didn't have the slightest problem. Yes, it might help if you dial back the speed a little bit or increase the cooling.

Thank you for this thing! Thumbs up to you!

  • Posted with 3D Geeks Thingiverse Browser App

Hint for others - use the outside of the washer to draw a circle on the cellophane or wax paper, but then cut it out a bit smaller than that. Makes it easier to get it inside the opening without falling throug.

I reduced as well the diameter of the washer by 10%, since I couldn't get it to fit throw the hole.
I printed the lock nut at 0.2 clearance, and fitted like a charm.
Printing on PLA + Sunlu

thats a pretty good advice actually :D

Comments deleted.