-- Update 20.09.2018 --
I added a version for 74mm spools on request
During looking forward of my arrival of my preordered Palette2, I was thinking about the management of my filament spools.
I came up with a design for a modular spool holder, which I wanted to share with you.
- Minimalistic design
- Stackable, add as many spools to one holder as you want
- Rolls on bearings, instead of haning on an axle -> You can easily replace the rolls without unmouting the other rolls
- Various widths if you want to save as much space as possible on your desk
What hardware do I need?
- 8mm dia threaded or smooth rod. The length depends on the number of holders you want to chain
- For each spool 4 bearings, 8mm inner diameter, 22mm outer diameter
- Optional: M8 nuts if you use a threaded rod and want to hold the bearings in place
What files to print?
- For a spool holder you'll need one "Base". Choose between the one for 54mm or 67mm wide spools (you can always go with the wider one, as the bearings can be adjusted)
- Add as many "Extension" holder as you like. You can also choose between 54mm and 67mm wide ones. If you really want to have a tight snap-fit (and don't be afraid of occasionally using a rasp), you can choose the one "with pin". But the one without pin is also absolutely fine, as the holders will also stick together by the threaded rod.
- Print for each Base/Extension 4 "Bearing-Cover"
These holder is for the standard 20cm diameter spools. Let me know if you have the need for other diameters / spool widths.
I'd love to see your makes :)