A dice tower that also carries your dice! Just turn the top to close the door, and flip the tray around and set the tower in it.
I found it best to print all pieces in the same orientation in which they will be assembled. You might have to clean up the bottom of the "top" piece, depending on how well your printer handles bridges, but that part doesn't end up visible anyway.
I suggest putting it together using the following steps:
- Smooth the edges of the "door" piece so there aren't any rough spots to get caught up on anything as it moves. You also might want to check the openings in the main tower to make sure that's all smooth.
- Put the door into the tower. It's tricky because the door is wider than the opening at the top, but it will go in if you put the short side in first. Just make sure it ends up in the groove around the incline.
- Insert the tall part of the door into the notch in the top piece. You can glue them together if you feel like it, but it isn't necessary.
- Press down firmly on the top to snap it onto the main piece. Try to apply pressure evenly.
- Carefully open and close it a few times to make sure everything is moving smoothly.
To put your dice away, just turn the top halfway, put your dice in through the remaining opening, then close it the rest of the way.
There's an updated version of this thing: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3197771. It has the same specs, but is textured to look like it's made of stone blocks.