This is customizable version of my previous 8mm Rod Clamp.
You can now specify:
- Variable rod sizes
- Different Input & Output Shaft Sizes
- Clamp size (both height & diameter)
- Screw count (equally spaced)
- Screw size (metric size & length)
- Slide On Option (with optional slide in clamping block)
- Double sided (two piece clamp)
- Round Shaft or with 1 or 2 facets (separate config for input & output shafts)
Includes a model that can be slide on a rod from the side (so you don't have to take the rod off).
This is fully functional, but am open to comments to improve.
Updated - 17 Dec, 2018
Added faceted shaft configuration for 1 or 2 facets on input & output shafts
Updated - 11 Oct, 2018
Added ability to have different input v/s output shafts. Can now be used as an adapter!
Updated - 30 Sept, 2018
Added two new modes! Double sided (two pieces) and another with a slide in block to help clamp.
Infill pattern will affect the strength of this part. I would suggest "chords" or "concentric" patterns for clamping force or rectilinear if this will bear any weight.
Prints with PLA just fine and plenty strong for "average" use in a printer / laser or other cnc device.
Suggest printing with harder material if this will encounter any significant weight or will need to encounter stopping force.
Also you should use thread lock on anything that encounter vibration.
Open the attached file and review comments