Tested solution for the problem of heat creep filament jamming on the 'stock' dual extruder TEVO Tarantula that comes with a completely inadequate 30x30x10mm cold end fan. There are many radial 5015 fan adapter ducts and I tried upgrading to one of them - but it's still not enough, the cold end heats up over 100 degrees when both heads are only at 190 degrees. The 5015 works perfectly for printing with one extruder at a time, but the whole point of buying a dual extrusion machine is to print with both heads! This huge radial blower makes it possible to print with both heads above 200 degrees, FINALLY! I've been printing every print with both heads ON since installing this part and haven't had one jam, whereas before it was a sure thing, given enough time.
For installation, you may also need a dummy 30x30x10mm fan (spacer) to get it to fit, especially if you're using a layer fan duct that attaches there.
If it's not obvious, you'll need supports touching the build plate to avoid printing the arms in mid-air..
Sept. 8 - Added an STL with an extra strap that should let the 7530 snap in with a clip-like effect, but I haven't tested it yet... loaded it in Repetier-Host and got non-manifold error, so fixed and exported back to upload... The dirty hack of a .scad file needs some fine tuning, for sure.
Sept. 10 - Got the clip version printed, and it clips the fan in to a position where neither of the screw holes are aligned. That might be ok for a screwless version because the clip was really strong, but did break when I removed the fan from it. I have adjusted the position of the clip and filled in the area so it shouldn't break when removed, also added a version without the arms for those who prefer a no screws snap-in-only type install.
And... they fit!
Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus
Printed at 60mm/sec but the upper arms were moving around a bit when it got up there, so I dropped the feed rate to 70% for the very top so it wasn't too sloppy.
The black prints were done on the TEVO Tarantula with Priline PLA - it was the cheapest black on Amazon.
This is my first project that required real world measurements to match prints. I took the SCAD file (thank you!!) for the 5015 duct to 30x30 by JunkYardDawg and since I haven't really learned OpenSCAD yet, I just smashed my keaboard until it looked about right. I am also attempting to make the changes I'm making (that I understand) into variables so that this can eventually become a customizer to adjust certain aspects of it.
When I printed my first try, it didn't fit (nor did the other 7530 adapter I downloaded and printed) but it was good for measuring against the fan to get the dimensions right, which got me a bit closer. It also wasn't possible to get screws into the holes for mounting to the 30x30 fan area, so I adjusted the shape of the duct, giving it an 18mm vertical round area so the screws can be inserted and tightened. This made it quite long, but it's a big fan... what are you gonna do? The final product isn't very pretty but if you need a big huge fan on a 30mm mount, this will get it done.
If it doesn't fit your fan, just download OpenSCAD and edit the .scad file to adjust the dimensions and create an STL to print. You can't adjust it to a completely different fan size without re-writing some bits in the code, but you should be able to adjust for your particular brand of 7530 blower or even a 40x40 fan mount.
First measurements of another adapter to prepare the part for the arrival of the fan.
A fragment of data to use to try to adjust the design before the fan arrives.
Original .scad design I started with on the left, first iteration, and second on the right.
Measure, adjust, print, repeat.
Round 2 - Make it clip in, attempt 1.