I use a glue gun to create insulation on the plug. It is important that the hot-melt gun is well warmed up so that you can squeeze out enough glue. In low-power models of the gun, continuous extrusion is not possible. And you must remember that the lifetime of the melt is about a minute. The mold is printed from PET-G with 0.4 nozzle and 0.1mm layer. In order for the adhesive to be easily separated, the surface must be lubricated. Well suited concentrated soap water from a solid soap. It completely dries up and forms a solid soapy layer on the surface.
- Lubricate the mold
- Preheat the gun for 6 minutes
- Squeeze the glue from the side of the cable into each half of the mold
- Connect the halves
- Squeeze glue into the hole until it fill the inner part of the plug and starts to go outside.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Disconnect halves and remove excess glue with a knife