A few days ago i designed my
"Benchy Filament Sample Carousel & Sign-Generator"
( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3037172 )
In order to build a stable spool-tree, i need something that...
- holds them in place...
- while every spool still can be rotated easily
- add more spools later
- can hold different spools with variable inner diameter
- but the space between them is minimal
- 3d printing optimized (most parts printable, material reduction)
- threded rod used (also variable diameters)
so i came up with the idea of...
- a strong base, where a nut is glued in and that can hold M6-M12 threaded rods
- spools with inner diameters between 30-70mm are compatible
- the washers are independent from the threaded rods diameter...
- so the <>-shaped connectors were born
if you are not using the metric values for screws,
then try printing one of the TEST-files i uploaded and use the one that fits best.
alternatively you compare the values here:
sadly i'm still stuck on tinkercad with my designing skills.
so i'm not able to create a customizable file for the washers.
but i added a bunch of them growing by 2mm each (30mm, 32mm, ..., 68mm 70mm).
- (*) 1x threaded rod - 0.5m-1m recommended (size: M6-M12)
- (*) 2x nuts - or 1x nut and 1x butterfly nut
- 1x base (model depends on the size of your rod - no phun intended)
- 1x connector (same size as base)
- (**) 1x connector
- (**) 2x washer (model depends on the inner diameter of the spool)
(*) = not printed
(**) = per additional spool