Notice: There is a new version for the v3 modular version of the Hero here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3080865
This is a remix of two pretty cool projects:
- Hero v2s - Hot end replacement for Creality Printers (CR-10 / Ender 3 / ...)
- BFPTouch - Poor mans BLTouch (but imho even better!)
I just mashed them together in Fusion 360 and re-meshed and simplified the model in ZBrushCore. This way it should be printable with all slicers. I added all the files I used myself. Don't forget the "lock" part of the Hero!
You can preassemble and test the BFPTouch part before mounting everything. After checking it is working correctly, you remove the optical sensor to make the screw better reachable and then you can attach everything to the hotend. My sensor positions are simply 0 and 50.
On my system I have a probe nozzle distance of 0.5 mm. But I have a Olsen Ruby nozzle mounted and I am not sure if that will actually fit for the original nozzle. But you can modify the position of the Hero and also adjust a bit with the screw of the probe, so it should work.
I am using Klipper as firmware which makes setting it up really easy. You will most probably not be able to use a BLTouch enabled firmware, because the BLTouch gets more Servo signals. Check out the source page of the BFPTouch for informations about it.
Thanks go to the original designers! Remember: This is just a simple remix!
P.S.: Short video of it working is here: https://youtu.be/ub_j9i-9jIo
I sliced it with S3D and enabled supports. But set it to 3 mm and 75%. Afterwards I made sure that the fan duct has no unreachable supports and I added supports for the parts which S3D didn't added itself.