After seeing Voltrage's Minecraft Ghast light, I knew my 5 year old son's bedroom simply HAD to have one hanging from the ceiling. Fortunately we've yet to put a fancy light in his room, so there's a standard old style batten fix light fitting in there.
I modified Voltrage's original design so that the mount is on the "scalp" of the head rather than the feet, and strengthened the area so the batten fix can be nice and tight without cracking plastic.
I also made a few changes to his design to improve strength while (and after) printing, and avoid parts of the print process that cause ugly corners (e.g. hard 90-degree edges). I also had the bottoms of the feet open, and made a few small holes in the top, to allow a little bit of heat relief for the light.
In order to make it into a hanging batten fix light, I used a generic batten fix extender like this one, available from most hardware and household lighting stores:
In my excitement getting it in his room while he was away at the movies, I forgot all about the inserts for the eyes and ears :-)
I found PETG works better than PLA, both for layer adhesion on the thin walls, and giving the design a bit of 'give'. My PLA printed head feels like it would crack at any moment.
With PETG I printed it hot (260 degrees) with no cooling fan, to maximise layer bonding strength. I added supports only for the eye and mouth holes.
Securing Feet to Head
There are four corners at the bottom of the head with 5mm holes. These are to add some knurled nut inserts (I used M3 knurled nuts which are 5mm diameter and 5mm deep).
Putting the knurled nuts in is pretty easy; let one rest on a hot soldering iron so it gets hot, then push it into the hole until it settles in. Then move the soldering iron away and let the plastic cool down again.
You can then use some M3x6 or M3x8 screws to screw the feet to the head.