This is the amauris | studio's Hero v2s (version 2 stock).
This is a fanduct designed to be light, and mounted with the screws you already have in your printer.
For the upgraded version, with support for the more powerful 5015 blower, check out the a|s Hero v3m (version 3 mod)
v2s and v3m comes in 3 flavors:
1- No ABL sensors
2- 18mm EZABL sensor
3- BLTouch sensor
Thanks to the community for make this possible!! Your feedback are always appreciate! and the support that some have given with contributions!
ENJOY AND HAPPY PRINTING!!!!
IMPORTANT!!! Support MUST BE "`Touching Build" only!!! they are easy to take off...
Better if use silicone socket on heater block.
Highly recommended to use FormFutura Volcano PLA:
Example of the process and stress test of F.F. Volcano PLA:
From Thingiverse User:
Aug 15, 2018
BLTouch or 3DTouch Installation Tip:
Do not install the "touch" directly to the Hero mount. This may cause your print head or nozzle to hit the bed and cause a banging or grinding noise.
There needs to be a fine adjustment between the touch pin and the nozzle. In order to do this, insert a small spring between the Hero Mount and the 3DTouch. This will give you a little "wiggle" room to adjust the distance.
Note: If you do not have a spring handy, find a ball point pin. Take the spring out and cut it in half. It size is perfect.
A loot of things have been taken in consideration to create the a|s Hero... I want a really small fanduct, because you know... light is good!
I want a visible nozzle design too... so a "U" behind the nozzle was the first idea! but that change in the way... others important things, like people printing in PLA, were put as priority! so simple ideas were implemented... like letting a small gap between the hot end and the fanduct, so the win flow between them reducing the deformation. or putting a small bridge between the heater block and the heat sink to ensure the wind from the top fan will not interfere with the business on bottom... etc...
To take "some pounds" out of the fanduct I took a loot out of the walls, but add some lines to make it rigid! and because of the looks! making this fanduct a small, light, efficient and good looking piece of plastic!
A loot of help from the Facebook community!!! as always the feedback was important!!
Creality Ender-3, CR-20, Geeetech A10 3D Printers User Group
Thanks to Hans Raaf (https://www.thingiverse.com/OderWat/about) for helping on the BLTouch version... hes "The Servo Touched Hero" is a great addition too!! so watch out his work!
Parts and how to mount
You will use the stock screws (4 screws for the front fan, and 3 for the blower), 1 zip tie (don't know how the classify them... but you will need a small one to hold the cables) and the lock provided in the files.
01 - First mount the a|s Hero or a|s Hero Plus with the stock screws
02 - Slide the lock to hold the right side of the a|s Hero or a|s Hero Plus to the back plate, it must slide complete.
03 - Mount the blower with 3 of the 4 stock screws. The blower will hold the lock in position, so the a|s Hero or a|s Hero Plus will be secured in position. Mount the front fan and you are done.
04 - Use the zip tie to hold the cables... at this point you are ready to go!
Update 12: a|s Hero Touch added. This version is for the BLTouch sensor. Thanks to Hans Raaf for helping me on this one!
Update 11: After a few days of testing, the base design is ready! so the logical step is to make public the a|s Hero Plus v2s!
Update 10: More minor fixes to a|s Hero v2s
Update 9: Some minor changes to a|s Hero v2s. Fix every screw hole and screw alignment. Fix blower mount. Fix bottom pipes division to move more air to the left.
Update 8: a|s Hero v2s ready to print (printing one for myself at the moment I write this)... Will work on a|s Hero Plus v2s for the next update... ENJOY!!!!
Update 7: Working on the new model in Fusion 360... I have my printer dismantled to make sure every measurement is correct.
Update 6: By now just the a|s Hero Plus will be available to download... I mount the fanduct on my printer and it works fine... but I'll redo it on Fusion 360 as is a little complicate to fix some stuff... so I prefer to redo all again to make it better...
Update 5: More fixing to do... the cable management was changed at the bottom... I'll print a test to ensure everything is correct...
Update 4: This update must fix everything I found out on the print and mount attempt... I have no time to print test right now but, you can print 2 or 3 layers, then see if everything align correctly. By my measurement everything must fit like a glove!
Apart from the nut problem I fix some little details... like the cable management... I make the channel bigger to fit better the cables.
Update 3: IF YOU CAN READ THIS... DONT PRINT IT!! I didnt took in consideration the big screw and nut close to the heater element... And that cause a mayor interference... Will work on that. (that happens when you dont take photos as reference and decide to work away from your printer.)
Update 2: I get sleept when printing... So when I wake up I found this one printed... Not the best print ever! But looks nice! The suport was easy to take out... Some minor errors because the way I print it, print it horizontally... It was designed to be printed like that... I print this one vertically... Next is mounting it on my printer.
Update 1: The fanduct is ready to download and use, but! if you can read this, that means that I haven't printed and mounted, and maybe need's some changes! but... you can print it too and test it by yourself, and send me some feedback to improve the design and together create the best fanduct ever!