I wanted to make one of these switches for a friend who is into steampunk kinds of things, and as I am possessed by an incurable need to modify almost anything I get my hands on, I decided to do a little customization on this switch.
So far I have only made a single switch version, but I may make double, triple, or even a modular version if I get the time. I may also make a version of the base to work with rocker or paddle type switches.
Basically what I did was break the two main switch components into sub-components allowing them to be printed in different colors to make the switch look more realistic.I printed the contacts and switch bars in gold to resemble copper, the handle, actuator and rocker in black, and the base plate in wood PLA. I wiched the base plate to be darker then the wood PLA was, so I stained it in a dark oak stain. I think it looks better.
The four contact will simply press snugly into the base plate.
The original base plate had ribs running in the hollowed out area on the underside, but I eliminated them and let S3D put supports there, which worked just fine.
Supports are only necassary on the base plate.
You will probably have to sand the switch bars slightly to get them to slide through the slots in the handle and actuator. The holes in the bars and the handle and actuator should line up to get proper positioning. I used #3 X 1/2" button head servo screws to secure them, but depending on the fit, they could be left out.