A WILD BULBASAUR APPEARED!
I created this model using Blender. It is my first model i created using this program.
I used the front and side pictures for reference.
This took me, overall 8-10 hours to design.
I am currently doing a test print and see how it turns out and change anything if need be, then do a large scale print of it.
I will be working on another file, that has bulbasaur with no seed, drop a radius into his back with small radius holes at the bottom to allow water to flow through, print, spray with clear coat, plant a seed in some dirt and grow your own bulbasaur seed :)
If you have any questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to ask me.
if you add my designs to your collection, please don't be afraid to hit the like button too :)
NOTE: I have updated the file once again. I have worked more on the eyes, so they aren't so close to the eyelid, and fixed a few vertices here and there. I have also used netfabb to clean and fix any errors or bugs. enjoy :)
Pokemon is owned by nintendo/ gamefreak/Creatures Inc
Once you load the STL file using Makerbot Desktop, it will ask if you want to upscale object. Click rescale and then move to bed.
I used my 5th Gen Replicator to print Bulbasaur.
Settings i used-
Layer height- 0.10mm
Estimated time- 6 hours 26 minutes
I made this using Blender.
Search the internet, i used google, and search "bulbasaur reference"
Try find a pic with both the side and front together, as they're usually the same size.
If they aren't, then you need to try and scaling the two pics you are using, so they're relatively close to the same height and all proportioned.
You can add more refrence pics, like top view and back view, but for 3D modelling, all you need is the front and side.
Once you have you pics aligned and at the same height, add a cube mesh and start pulling and adding vertices.
Let me know if you have any questions :)