Well here we have yet another LACK - IKEA enclosure
3D printed parts:
- 4x footrest
- 12x plexiglass corner brackets
- 1x door handle
- 1x magnet strip holder
- 2x hinges (OPTIONAL)
What you need to buy:
- 2x IKEA LACK table (color of your choice)
- 4x plexiglass sheets (500mm x 500mm x 3mm thick)
- a magnet strip/sheet (needs to be cut to fit the piece)
- scews / nails (i just had a set laying around and used whatever)
i got all these parts from my local hardware store, it could be cheaper if you order some parts from China (aliexpress, banggood, gearbest etc). but i wanted to start building right away.
The nails are hammered into the 2 joining pieces for the footrests to lock it in place. You can also choose not to do this, this allows you to be able to remove the tables from eachother.
I used sound canceling isolation material for the bottom of where the printer will stand on; and also have 3 more pieces laying around for in the winter this helps with warmth issues for printing exotic materials.
**be aware that this could cause your printer to wobble, for my setup it worked because i added a thin sheet of wood between to make it a bit more sturdy.*****