This is my current project, after a failure with the purchase of a T1 I have decided to set up my own printer.
It is based on a frame of 300mm of side and 700mm of height, a warm bed of 220mm, and in the part of electronics I have used arduino + ramps + mosfet and the original power supply.
At this moment I am in the process of assembling the hot bed and everything points quite well. I will have to look for rods slightly longer than usual, about 250mm, but for the rest they are all standard components.
All parts finished, marlin latest 1.1.x firmware with autocalibrate and ubl, all works ok
Materials to buy
working with last marlin firmware